Record Job Creation and Low Minority Unemployment
Record Job Creation Increase and Minority Unemployment Decreases
LEESBURG, VA (June 2, 2018) - Republicans are claiming victory for President Trump's economic successes. Historically low unemployment, an increase in job creation, and high minority employment demonstrate the effectiveness of conservative economic policy. National May jobs reports garnered positive reactions even from liberal media outlets like The New York Times and CNN. CNN called it, "Good news for the country," while The New York Times ran the headline, "We Ran Out Of Words To Describe How Good the Jobs Numbers Are."
A few top takeaways from the official jobs report:
- May saw 223,000 jobs added, more than any month since October 2017.
- Small business confidence is at record highs, with a third planning to hire more employees this year.
- Consumer confidence reached a 17 year high in May.
- 67% of Americans believing it's a good time to find a job - a number that increased 25% since Trump was elected.
- African American unemployment has decreased from 7.8% to 5.9% under President Trump, marking the first time it's ever been under 6%.
"'It is no surprise to see the Trump administration's conservative economic policy succeeding," said Jim Bonfils, Chairman of the Loudoun County Republican Committee. "Small businesses are key to Loudoun County's growth and charm. Increased hiring and small business confidence entail better quality of life for all of us."
About the Loudoun County Republican Committee
The Loudoun County Republican Committee (LCRC) is a diverse, growing community that handles day-to-day operations for the Republican Party in Loudoun. The LCRC works to elect Republican candidates who support the GOP's principles and values. LCRC members are registered voters in Loudoun, hold to the principles of the party, and are elected to the LCRC by fellow committed Republicans. The LCRC promotes the ideals of lower taxes, limited government, family values, and defense of the constitution. For more information, visit www.loudoungop.com